Selling? What to do before hiring a Realtor to Sell Your Home
What you need to know before hiring a Realtor to Sell Your Home
- Check out the local market trends before you speak with a Realtor about selling your home.
- Look at the recent comps and current competition to figure out a pricing range.
- Contact your mortgage/loan provider(s) and determine how much you owe (you may have monthly statement with this info)
- Consider cleaning and de cluttering your home before your potential Realtor arrives. It may help with your valuation.
- Consider working on your curb appeal. Try to view your home from the perspective of potential buyers driving up and then walking to your door.
- Consider what upgrads you might be willing to mak but wait until you make them. Agents should have some good insights.
- Consider how quickly you would like to sell your home and share your goals with your agent.
- Consider the quantity of showings you would like to have each week.
- Are you willing to have a sign in the front?
- A lockbox?
- Some of the strongest potential buyers could come from friends, relatives and neighbors. Are you will to let your friends and relatives know your are moving.
What to do before hiring a Realtor to Sell Your Home